- After polio-free India Pranab Mukherjee wants universal health coverage
The Healthsite February 12 2014
President Pranab Mukherjee has said that India’s success against polio is indeed a milestone towards universal health care in the country.
- NASSCOM partners with NATHEALTH to focus on leveraging technology for improving healthcare delivery in India
Information week February 12 2014
The National Association of Software & Services (NASSCOM) and Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to introduce a new paradigm of health service delivery that leverages modern technology to achieve healthcare accessibility and affordability goals for the country.
- Health management cadre in Chhattisgarh soon
UHC Forward Jan 26 2014
In a bid to provide better healthcare facilities and strengthen health coverage in state Chhattisgarh government has hired a multinational private consulting agency Price Waterhouse Coopers for assessing creation of a new health system management cadre in state.
- CII considers setting up National Health Regulator for universal health coverage
Insuring India December 12 2013
With a view to speed up Universal Health Coverage (UHC) the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is contemplating setting up a National Health Regulator under the Ministry of Health and Clinical Establishment Act.
- Private doctors to staff Chennai Corporation clinics in evenings
The Hindu December 19 2013
Chennai Corporation is planning to use the services of private doctors to man its hospitals in the evening. This is part
of an initiative to outsource medical services by the Corporation.